Sunday, April 1, 2012

Power


Much of Karate training is learning how to generate more power in our movements. Then working to deliver that power into the target.

This past month I've had a lot of different medications and they have taken a lot of my power away from me. I'm most definitely weaker. 

It's made me think on something I've been thinking on for some time. What is the least amount of power required to get the job done? Yes. There are times that maximum power is called for. But, there are times that far less is required. When you need to drop someone but don't need to break them. 

Where a far more appropriate level of intensity is required. Does your training develop these levels. To me this represents the softer side of the arts. 

Appropriate stepping, body shifting , correct alignment principles, striking locations. All to be explored.

No comments: