Friday, December 20, 2013

First Impressions II Ernest Rothrock




t was 1979 and I was a new shodan teaching karate at the Scranton Boys Club continuing the Isshinryu program Charles had begun in his church before he returned to active duty with the USAF. I ahd the time and I saw Ernest Rothrock was doing a Kung Fu demonstration including Tai Chi at his Scranton School. 

( had been interested in Tai  Chi since learning of it in college so I attended and watched his performance of the Yang form. )

That was all it took, I started with a ½ hour a week class. Months later observing his classes before my tai chi class, I thought it a worthy idea to study some kung fu in order to be a more knowledgeable  judge at tournaments.  He began me with a difficult Northern Shaolin form.


No comments: