Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year 2014, Feliz Ano Novo, 明けましておめでとう

Me in 1984 at the Scranton Boys Club
2013 Ends, 2014Begins. Time flows on,  As our lives move through this moment and as is customary, let us think on the last year,

First, my disabilities remain, I still am classified as having  Paraneoplastic Neuromyopathy & Neuropathy. Still no clue to the cause or the treatment. I am weaker, loss of balance, difficulty with fine motor control and speaking, to the point I am often incomprehensible. I virtually cannot write and even typing is a chore requiting much spell check. After a fall that broke 3 ribs I now employ a walker when I walk outdoors or when I am driven to go shopping.  I no longer drive and am much housebound.

I still walk often except in rain or snow. About 5 or 6 miles a week. I still practice kata, it took a year to figure out how to do tai chi (my lack of balance makes it very difficult) but I found a way finally. I still am involved assisting Mike and Young teaching the young and I still train the adults. Martially speaking I am involved with things.

It’s interesting that Karate is easiest to do, abet with some changes too. I am currently working with Tikko to keep as much martial potential as I can.  I guess its safe to say my karate isn’t exactly empty hand.

As you are undoubtedly aware I continue my efforts on my blog. The context behind my study remains much more material than is in class. I am committed to saving so students in my lineage don’t have to start anew but have it here if the need arises. It consists of much of our shared art (except for those portions which are transmitted separately and privately),  history so it is not lost, and my ongoing  Martial researches. As there are no secrets (except those I choose not to share) I have freely done so openly. Most interesting the rest of the world finds it interesting with so far 75,000 views from around the world (Blogger tracks this in great detail I find).

I have also continues my fan fiction in the Destroyer novels universe. I’ve written about 15 novels at this point.

Along with much time to look into martial studies that interest me, I am also learning much about being disabled. What it means in how I conduct my life. How others react to me. How communicating with others is difficult. One learns to cope as everyone is disabled in one sense. Life continues.

My hope for 2014 is that things are better for all. I will continue to train and learn more about my arts and those of others. Oh and World Peace might not be a bad idea either.

You will find I don’t worry about what others do. I have much more that is interesting in my students learning and my researches. Why dwell on the negative, it all seems to resolve itself in the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victor, All the best to you in 2014 and here's to thousands more views. I'll be one from time to time.
Jim

Anonymous said...

I believe everything said was very reasonable. However, think about this, what if you adred a little information? I
am not suggesting your information is nnot good, however
suppose you added something that makes peoppe want more?

I mean "Happy New Year 2014, Feliz Ano Novo, 明けましておめでとう" is kinda
vanilla. You could glance at Yahoo's frontt page and see how they create article titles tto get viewers
tto open the links. You might try addikng a video or a related picture
or twwo to grab people excited about everything've got too say.

In my opinion, it might make your posts a little livelier.


My web site :: club penguin membership ckdes 2014 ()

Victor Smith said...

Thank you for your contribution.

However the only purpose for this site is to share information with my students.

While I allow the world to look, I am not trying to generate dialogue.

Thank you, and have a great day.