Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Laoshi Rothrock and I



One day in the late 1980s Rothrock Laoshi and I performed part of the Yang Longfist Tai Chi Chaun form together at a friend’s workshop. While he was my instructor since 1979, because of distance we had not worked out together for many years. I guess I paid attention for we are doing the same form.

 

 

Because of the many studies I had with him in addition to the Tai Chi, one time I had special T-shirts made up for he and I. The name Northern Tai Eagle was a joke name for those studies. Which at that time consisted of Yang Longfist Tai Chi Chaen, Sil Lum, Tai Tong Long, Faan Tzi Ying Jow Pai and Pai Lum. Make no mistake about this, it was not a system. But probably someone will start teaching it cause the name sound neat. That time of study did allow me to touch Chinese training.

 

ARS stands for A Rothrock Sub-System His shirt has GM (Grand Master), BC(Bill Collector) and ARGG(All Round Great Guy).
 
 


 

No comments: