Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Every day each breath you take must be new, unique to the day.


Morning comes, I get out of bed and with my first step confirm my disability continues.

 

My morning begins by going outside in the cooler morning air.

 

This morning I run through my Ying Jow Pain breathing Chi Kung drill.

 

I go through my Yang Tai Chi Chaun exercise.

 

Then I focus on a movement for the day.

 

To be unpredictable you must adapt a new defensive tradition each day.

 

Yesterday I focused on the rising “X” block from Chinto kata. And employing the separation of hands in a shearing plane of force, one of Isshinryu’s strongest traditions.

 

Today I will focus on another section of Chinto kata which also uses a shearing plane of force which is extremely effective.

 









 
I am armed with two short sticks, one in each hand.

 

Application potential #1 – When I turn into a double push to from my rear, my left hand sweeps the pushing arms up and away from me. My right hand strikes into their side or armpit with that stick, causing a shocking strike where they have little protection. This is working the exterior line of defense against such an at attack.

 

Application potential #2 – Against a right push from my rear, I turn into the attack and my left hand sweeps their arm up and away from me. My right hand flows up and then descends, striking the side of their head or their throat with the end of the stick in that hand. This is a shearing plane of force, both to remove the attack, and then to strike into the target. This becomes an interior line of defense against such an attack.

 

Application potential # 3 – Against a right push from my rear, I turn into the attack and my left hand sweeps their arm up and away from me. My right hand flows up and then descends striking into their forearm, the shearing plane of force from that strike causes them to go down away from that pain.

Your left hand has hooked over their arm to use their arm as if it was in a press. Do not grab the arm, the pressure from the strike against the pressure from the pressing arm is enough to do what is needed. Likewise this becomes an interior line of defense.

 

There are many other options available.

 

An new day, new options to work on.

1 comment:

Victor Smith said...

This also works best if you continuously inhale when you perform this movement sequence. The inhale moves your center to replace his center of motion becoming a Force Enhancer to the movement.